Saturday, November 12, 2016

Life's a Parade

Most of us stand on the sidelines watching, some cheering, some spilling into the street to feel closer only to be pushed back so the parade can pass through. Some volunteer to be part of the parade and follow the instructions of the parade organizers and a few organize groups that make up the parade. I was in that last category and my group were the Angels and they did themselves proud. Much cheering, some tears, and a whole lot if beaming smiles. Physically it was challenging, but everyone felt good at the end (I imagine they will be sore tomorrow, but the emotional high would be worth it for most).

After the parade, as it is for me, I wandered the festival areas in the downtown park alone. Jackson left to parts unknown before we could hook up and other friends did the same, to the local bars and hang outs. I just don't enjoy that alcohol-infused atmosphere anymore, so I headed home after a while. Early softball in the morning, so perhaps sleep would be wise. After more internet time.

The roller coaster ride continues. :)

No comments: