Thursday, December 1, 2016

Real Life Is Not Facebook

So Facebook changed my privacy settings without telling me and I am told that received more than a hundred Happy Birthday messages on FB today because the fake birthday I put online was announced as my birthday even though I set the privacy settings for the birth date to private, me only. Whatever, Facebook is not real life and I am on a break from it. What is real is I found a pair of pants and went to my interview. I did fine and hopefully I will hear good news early next year (though I am probably up against some stiff competition, at least I made it to the final five or six). After the interview I finished updating yesterday's entries and then headed out for cards at Excel and the Commodores. That was the usual fun and frustration as the double standard (do as I say, not as I do) was strong tonight but it passed the time. I did not eat much today and am resisting food tonight, so maybe it's time to find the sleep button in my head (used to be easy as pie, until I stopped eating pie at night).

Ah, the folly of conformity and inhibition.
Laugh alone, and the world thinks you're a clown.
Dance alone, and the world thinks you are crazy.
The world has it all wrong.

Narf :)

No comments: