Monday, December 5, 2016

Rolling The Dice on Celeron

Well... sitting in front of me is a brand new $179 Lenovo Laptop with a Celeron Processor, 2GB of RAM, and a 32GB solid state drive and I am pausing to reflect on the decision to buy it and how to go about making this transition to it. I do want to consider the Dell offer to put a new hard drive in the old machine with a fresh Windows 7 install for $149 but for now, I think my best move is to park the old machine and see how well this $179 laptop can do for me. The car is at serious risk now, but without a working computer, the job search is minimal and that puts everything at serious risk so... I spent the money. Hoping it works.

This is going to be the thriftiest December in the history of the world, at least in the history of this life I loosely call mine. Oil change for the car must happen, but I am going to do my best to spend as little as possible for the next month or two. That will be very challenging unless I become a hermit, but the Grinch had his reasons and it was not all about the size of his heart.

If only we had our group sharing together here on line, we'd be spending a lot of time together and that would be fun. I'll keep the home fires burning until everyone gets here, m'ok?

Narf :)

No comments: