Saturday, December 29, 2018

Almost Like Home

Here I sit in the living room in my comfy desk chair, legs up on a pillow that sits on a box at the right level. Folding table to my left holds snacks and a drink, folding table to my right is for the laptop when I want to get up. Phone os plugged in and sitting in t's phone stand on the lapdesk and the TV is playing season 3 of Orphan Black, finally, catching up begins. I'll be typing and celebrating in words for a while, so I will watch all of these again, but for now, I listen and glance up and enjoy the wonder of multiple personality clones. Big fan here. Tatiana Maslany is amazing.

More amazing in the moment is the new space. Far from perfect (we can list the flaws another time), but so much better than the last space it is wonderful. After the new roommate, who still doesn't have a blog name (in case you didn't notice), helped move the last of the stuff out of Eb's place this morning, I sorted the stuff a bit and then cooked up a meatball pizza. A fifteen minute trip to the neighborhood Walmart that is a minute drive around the corner for extra cheese and impulsive desserts and chocolate milk and what a yummy (high calorie) meal I made in a clean over in a clean kitchen in a clean house. I a enjoying the luxury of the space by just vegging here tonight. I should put the shower head I bought on the shower and use it tonight, building the bathroom (though his stuff is still under the sink and I need to get an over the toilet tank shelf unit cuz the bathroom is tiny). I'll move some stuff into the front hallway closet as soon as he empties that. Tomorrow, new roommate helps move the stuff from storage in here and I start building the bedroom around the actual bed. Then, I shop for a recliner and build the living room around that, as soon as he moves his stuff into the other living room.

So not perfect, but perfectly wonderful tonight.

Narf :)

No comments: