Monday, December 3, 2018

Do I Forget? (to sleep I suppose)

Not even slightly. I simply succeed in distracting myself from things I might remember if didn't distract myself. Like stressing things like I release into words in these blogs now and then. And the loneliness, naturally. And even the distractions themselves. When did the TV shut itself off, for instance,and why didn't I notice? Engrossed in a phone game to distract from the sad news that Jackson and Brandi's dog (actually Brandi's dog, but Jackson's lived there a few years now so like Jackson's dog became emotionally mine after a while, well, you get it and if you don't ask) if sick and at the vet after midnight. Jackson took her cuz Brandi was too sad and I lent text support for Jackson while she waited at the vet. What are big brothers for, after all. I appreciate Jackson for giving me some sense of family even if it's somewhat distance and somewhat challenging financially lol. No family is perfect and I have been so desperate to find people I could call mine nearby, well, even the sad news feels good cuz I am less alone.

Even when I distract myself from whatever is sad or stressful.

All I ever needed was the one, after all :)

(thank you Elton and Bernie).

and Narf :)

No comments: