Sunday, December 30, 2018

Hot Shower

I spent the evening unpacking boxes, sorting through stuff, and putting the sorted boxes against the living room wall in stacked rows labelled "Kitchen or Garage" and "Bathroom or Garage" and "Closet or Garage" and "Living Room or Garage" and explained the system to the new roommate so he wouldn't think the boxes are permanent and he might get the idea that the living room, closet, and kitchen are not quite yet ready for me to move in. He did clear out almost everything from the bathroom and I put the few things he left in there on the kitchen table (there's no living room or other table in the place... the details may explain further). So the moving in is in progress (phase two of the move). The cat was curled up asleep on my chair in the living room while I was emptying and stacking boxes. I made the list, took care of myself, and then, and then, and then...

Then there was the shower. I installed the Waterpik shower head and turned on the water and it was hot. Imagine that, hot water! In fact, I did not test the hottest setting as a lower mix of hot and cold water was plenty hot for me tonight. The cleaning shower was my goal, not the steaming shower. I could even lift my arm (cathedral ceilings are wonderful). I didn't even scrub down the bathroom (though that is on the list of things to do this week, maybe Tuesday). Washing the tile and wood floors too and getting indoor slippers so my soles don't turn black lol). Ah, it is good to be home again.

May this inspire you to believe life can change for the better no matter what obstacles befall you.

Narf :)

No comments: