Saturday, December 22, 2018

Disappointed or Frustrated

I am in the mood for an Italian buffet and there are no such establishments that live up to that name within fifty miles, at least according to the internet. Alas, the disappointment is not quite frustration, but hunger is building and madness surely follows. I will go out and forage. I may end up at a buffet, considerations are in this hierarchy (with pros and cons in parentheses). 1. Crazy Buffet (best selection, very good food, long drive alone). 2. Mikado (best buffet food, limited selection, over $25). 3. Bay Ridge Sushi (excellent sushi, not in the mood for just sushi, $25 for all-you-can-eat). 4. (forget what I was thinking of earlier, but it goes here lol). 5. Hoy Wan (maybe second best buffet, good food, 25 minute drive). 6. Golden Corral (good desserts, American only, crowded). None will satisfy the Italian craving, so I may just pick up a bunch of frozen Italian dises and cook them all and put leftovers in tupperware. Maybe even at the new place, though I am not set up to cook or eat there yet (having moved in). I could just get a pizza with eggplant parmesan and something else really cheesy from a restaurant (I've spent $100 on this sort of buffet before when I had a clean fridge to store stuff in, even had such a buffet delivered more than once... Chinese as well).

The softball tournament was fun, though not enough exercise and not a motivated team. Some just didn't seem to want to be there and they pretty much quit in the third game. Why sign up to do that? People are strange. I came back here and showered because I forgot my wallet. Anyway, I've got to get dressed and out there if I am going to make dinner time anywhere.

Helen is eating home tonight. Wishing for a compatible foodie partner hasn't worked so far, so I'm out to forage now. Hope you are having fun too.

Narf :)

No comments: