Monday, May 16, 2016

Sweet Aches

I left out dinner last night. Helena took me to a chinese buffet that was akmost the same as the old favorite (might even be the same owners ars it has the same name) and it was wonderful. I will definitely be back when I splurge myself. She treated, yay friend. Today was Softball. Games at 10am and 11am and winning both big, we forced a playoff for second place. We were the only ones to beat the team in first this season, but they only had one loss and we had two because we started off the season in dissarray (lost two of our first three games in the first two weeks). The playoffs were single elimination against the two teams we lost to at 2pm and if we won, 3pm. We won them all, big. 21-2 and 16-6 were the scores. We earned a berth at the World Series in August in Austin.

After softball I headed home and showered, slowly. The muscles were aching that really sweet ache that comes from a good workout. I hit really well, a few doubles (we were so far ahead so quickly I did not push for triples or home runs, just trotted to second as the bases cleared. Lots of RBIs. Pitched lights out. Yes, sweet aches. I sat for a few minutes they headed to the end of season Awards dinner where we got our second place trophy and stuff. I piled a huge plate of food and chowed down. Fun with a few hundred closer personal friends.

Hope you have days like these :)

No comments: