Monday, July 15, 2019

Bloat Hurts

Ridiculously, there is enough pasta in the fridge for a week. Veggie pasta, yes, but still I poured a lot of rich (high calorie) tomato sauce, so it is still high fat and carbs and calories. I just had some, cold, with shrimp. I almost made it to bed without dinner, which was the intention for tonight. Hurting on top of hurting weakened my already weak will power.

So I won't blame it completely on the bloat, for the old broken shoe was the main cause, compounded by the sore calf muscle, but I took a very hard fall running to first base tonight. I don't recall falling this hard in this lifetime, though there may have been an occasion or too that came close. Nothing is broken, I think. I continued playing and pitching in some serious pain and was safe at first, but we lost. I could not swing the bat so I went 0-3 after that and the rest of the team sucked. So much for finishing the season well. Everybody wants to hit home runs, so everybody popped out to infield or outfield, mostly. We played the #1 team that only has one loss and held them to the fewest runs they've had this season, but still lost. Hurt upon hurt upon hurt upon hurt upon hurt upon... infinity is so far away.

Still, laughing at the futility of life is amusing, even in pain.

I shall tr to sleep now.

How are you?

Narf :)

No comments: