Thursday, July 25, 2019

Home, Not Home

At Jackson's place, realizing how many things I depend on for my routine living, and how challenging it is for me to feel at home anywhere in this physical world. I've always felt like an outside, an alien, but that feeling has often become less comfortable (or comforting) as the years pass. Surely a deep psychoanalysis entry is due somewhere in my blog world. For now, here, in the brief daily, let's catch up on what's going on.

As the previous entry said, there are many entries waiting for uploading in the draft folder. This one might be too as the bowels are calling me to the potty (would release some excrement be a better phrasing for you? lol) and I do have a couple of things I really should get done today. Lab work (though my diet recently and last night is the antithesis of what I should eat to get good lab results... it's a test of the emergency pig-out system, which could be amusing if I expanded on it, but this is the brief daily, after all, so out dang parentheses and on with the... brief daily) and getting an extension cord.

The animals are their usual needy selves. The dog is like glue and strangely, doesn't eat unless I hand feed him. The cat tries to eat the dog's food and she is on a special diet, so I can't leave it out. The outdoor cats are a single cat the last few days according to Jackson and we are concerned that this one's partner may not return. Adoption being the best case, death being the worst. Of course there are possibilities in the middle and if she shows up here with a little of kittens, Jackson and Brandi will have to decide whether they want a handful of outside cats coming and going daily as they feed them daily on the kitchen counter.

As for me, I have enough food for a month, or at least a few weeks. Bought it all yesterday at a butcher/deli (that does not carry pastrami even though it is on the menu, dangit) near here and much of it is cooked and in the fridge. All pasta and meat, so I should freeze it all and eat it sparingly over the next month or few, which I may do today. I'll either stop home and get freezer containers or buy some. So anyway, that's life today.

Off to the lab and shopping now. Make your day fun!

Narf :)

No comments: