Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Sugar Blues

It hurts for a while. Having the bat in my hands for the second week in a row with the winning run on base. Last week I knocked in the winning run. This week, with two outs, I hit a line drive just over second, but the second baseman was playing deep and made a running over the shoulder catch and game over. It hurts. It hurts even more because that ne swing of the bat could have kept us in second place still within reach of first place, one game back. We play the first place team next week. We just haven't had the defense this year. In nine games we've scored 112 runs, but gave up 99. Mostly on errors. Today, we were cruising when an easy ground ball to second for the third out turned into a double with two runs scoring. Three more outfield errors and a 9 run inning and we lose 14-13. It hurts. Mostly because the win was in my hands and I blew it. One swing of the bat, game over. I should have been more patient. Next week we have an outside chance of tying for first for the season. We need help from another team and we need to win our game. Tonight, it hurts.

I stopped for a chocolate milk shake, a cherry-pinnapple ices, and a chocolate-vanilla gelato at Versinis Italian Ice. Ok, so I sugar buzzed through the pan and playing the game (still Merge Dragons) and worked through the so-lonesome-i-could-die feelings and now I lay me down to sleep, or at least I am thinking about it. I really should.

Writing this gives me the illusion that I am less alone.

It doesn't hurt anymore. Still alone though.

In case it matters.

Narf :)

No comments: