Friday, July 26, 2019

Small Successes

The refrigerator filter has sat on the front seat (or floor) of the car for weeks, maybe longer. Today, I finally stopped into a store and got a new one. $55 and I probably won't see any of it from TA, but now I will try the ice from the fridge. It is an old fridge and the ice maker is very noisy and doesn't work great, but at least the water will be filtered. Not reverse osmosis, which is my preference second only to distillation, but at least some filtering will happen.

The lab work was finally done. The lab place was across the street from a Walmart, Publix, and Lowes, so the filter came from Lowes (Walmart didn't carry it) and Walmart got $18 for a new folding table and Publix got $28 for desserts. Yes, desserts. Two kinds of Magnum ice cream, chocolate cream pie, gourmet fudge filled cupcakes, and I think something else. The success part of this wast getting the labs done. And the filter. The calories and sugars, not so much, but tonight will be a serious party for the taste buds.

I am expecting the labs to scream loud enough to force August to be extremely lean with rare or no fats, sugars, and junk and minimal carbs. The return to sub 180 is the goal for August 30th so I can eat out as I please in Kansas City at the world series. That's the softball world series for the Sunday league, not baseball. I would do a lot more travelling if I had a partner who enjoyed it and the funds to afford it more often.

The kids are good. It seems it takes a couple of days for them to stop testing me and just cooperate with life. They get what they want and have a normal routine, they just don't deal well with their mommies being away. Especially Polo, the new-ish dog. He just keeps looking for his mommies and wants to stay outside watching the road and driveway. When inside, he snuggles up for attention and reassurance that he is loved. Curious, the cat, knows me well so she is less affected, but she hops up on my lap regularly for attention and nose rubs. The outdoor cats are comfortable with me (for a while only one would come inside so I'd leave food on the porch with the porch door open). Now, one of the two outdoor cats has not been seen for several days and there is concern. Best case is adoption and no longer being let out. The worst case is food for a wild animal or another debilitating injury. In between are possibilities like hiding from the weather, nursing babies, and who knows what else.

Anyway, that was today. Hope your day was good too. :)

Narf :)

No comments: