Thursday, July 25, 2019

Wasted Quest

That's Quest Diagnostics, competitor of Lab Corp, and until today I was happy with the local Quest I go to several times a year for blood work. The local off was closed for the past couple of weeks and I intended to go to the Lake Mary location on Wednesday, but woke late and didn't get away from work, so I changed plans to go to the Deland office today. I called the offices, but was put through a recorded queue several times and realized I couldn't get through to any location. I have the direct number for my local office and can always get through easily to double check that they have my doctor's order. I called the doctor's office to make sure they faxed the order and headed to the Deland office. It was further away than I thought and when I got there, I discovered it was closed. None of the recorded messages in the queue mentioned that. I called back and after 30 minutes, an actual human answered and apologized and sent me to another office thirty minutes away. I got there and they had closed two minutes before I arrived. So no blood work and a wasted afternoon. The last stop was in a Walmart so I spent some money, bought Anchor glass containers for the food. They turned out to be disappointing as the lids do not seal well on all of the containers. Not the best afternoon, but the food is now in the freezer (and hopefully there won't be freezer burn because of the looser than I'd like lids) and I ate more meat and pasta and chocolate and tomorrow, if I can get the lab work done, the numbers will probably be terrible. Since the insurance discount needs good numbers before the end of September, I may have to crash diet before getting lab work redone in late August. Getting back here, the dog refused to come back inside when my food was ready so it was not as hot as I'd have liked it. Once he came back in, we had a hard talk and I dragged him into his cage (he refused to go in there too) and left him there for a couple of hours. When I let him out he finally ate (I had to start him like I did yesterday by feeding him bits by hand) and now, he needs to go out again. Hoping we don't have resistance when it's time to come back in.

So how was your day?

Narf :)

No comments: