Thursday, July 4, 2019

The 4th of Laundry

That's what my plan is for today, it's laundry day. What's yours? With our current president turning the national celebration of independence into a personal masturbatory trip for himself, the military, and his party because he loves to masturbate in public and create conflict, I have less interest in the rockets red glare than usual (I never liked celebrating war and killing anyway), I'm following through on my plan to do laundry today. I had to ask TA to get his stuff out of the dryer as he had clothes everywhere in there, on dryer, in dryer, on floor (it's usually push clothes out of the way to get into the garage), but that's the way it usually is. He moves them (except the floor stuff) when asked. I had to ask the eight year old to not play with the dog in the laundry room and after asking a few times, I think she got the message. Though maybe it was the smell of bleach, since she doesn't listen much and is used to getting her way. She has been dragging the poor dog around all over the house (and I mean dragging) and mumbled something about going to the closet. This is the first time in six months that I actually asked her not to do something she apparently wanted to do, so we shall see how that goes.

A puzzle emerged from this laundry day. So far, I am missing underwear. Very strange and I will have to buy more (which is fine since the elastic wanes after repeated washings with bleach). The washer is strange too. I always choose "deep water wash" because it's a "no agitator" model and barely gets the clothes wet on normal cycles. Even on deep water, the underwear is not submerged under water. Sometimes I found towels that didn't even touch the water while watching the load periodically as it washed. Anyway, there isn't room to hook up my high-end front loading washer/dryer, so I use TA's. The dryer has one setting, hot, and still doesn't dry well. Guess he's not one to do research on appliances when buying.

The little one shifted into playing with foods and chemicals in the kitchen after complaining to daddy about me doing my wash. As I said, spoiled. Oh, maybe I said "used to getting he way" lol. So now, as usual, the kitchen will be a mess and smell like the laundry room (she uses tide to make slime and goop and different lotions to make other concoctions. Maybe she'll be a chemist. Hopefully she'll learn the importance of keeping a lab clean lol. Hey she's eight going on four, so give her time.

So the first wash is in and the day begins (again?). What's up with you?

Narf :)

No comments: