Saturday, July 6, 2019

Once I Was an Audiophile

Now I am a dinosaur. Long ago, when average annual salaries were under $10K a year, I bought and set up a $5K audio system (at least). Today I suppose that would be $25K of more. Still not much, but it was quite high-end, in the audio vernacular. Today I have more than 10,000 CDs in storage in New York and several hundred CDs here and I don't have a CD player here. So I searched the internet for the best way to retain the highest quality sound when playing and converting CDs to digital formats and I did not find the language or data I was looking for (or perhaps I am just ignorant of advances in the science and craft and new language... I was a wiz at science when the atom was the smallest particle of matter, after all... rather ignorant of the quarks and strings of today's science, but I can still learn when I have the patience and time to research... the challenge is not enough time {where is relativity when I need it?} and too many teachers on the internet... so much fluff and pseudo-experts, so little actual clear knowledge).

Anyway, hours later, I hope the inspiration to return to this thought of returning to music returns soon, for I was much better when music was an active part of life. The dream of finding a musician/composer to work with on songs remains, even now, when music is so far away. I am the flip side of the stranger with the melodies and Mr. Tanner in the flesh, the saddest thing of all in life is hearing my silent breath.

Now I don't even remember how to plug all those wires in the back lol.

Narf-sigh :)

No comments: