Thursday, July 4, 2019

Imaginary Friends

I once had a blog called Imaginary Friends. Maybe I still do. Most of you are imaginary friends, actually. I mean, I don't really think there are millions of avid readers out there waiting with baited breath for my next pearl of wisdom, bit of babble, or meaningful nonsense. I see the comment count, after all, but I also know I've had silent reader in the past who only comment or visit once in a while. It helps the flow of words to write as if someone is actually reading, as if this is a communication to you, rather than just words pouring out of me. So I address you as if you were really there and maybe you are, but even if you are imaginary, I love you.

The little one is playing in the kitchen with knives. She says her mom lets her cut and chop stuff, onions, even, so lately she's been slicing her fruit. Hey, she's eating fruit, that's a good thing. Using a very sharp pointed knife while standing on a stool (she's too short to reach the counter) has the safety guy in me concerned. I wonder if TA will clean the kitchen today. The kids really leave a mess and especially the fruit dripping, cuz they bring sugar ants. I haven't given the area a serious spray of chemical out of respect for the animals and kids, but I will (with a week's warning so TA can schedule the animals and kids around it) if the sugar ants keep returning. Once sugar ants really move in it's tough to get rid of them. So far, deep cleaning whenever I see them has worked, but I really don't want to deep clean every day and the kitchen needs that every day with the kids here.

I have found over the last five to ten years that my love of children is waning. I used to love kids much more than I do. I suppose it is part of my overall loss of faith and hope for humanity. People are so immature and unaware. Stupid, for the most part. My passion for saving the world has given way to a nihilistic acceptance of what appear to be the inevitable self-destruction of the species. It's not nice to fool with mother nature, after all. Someone should draw or paint a mother nature (and a lady liberty, while they are at it) all bloodied and bandages and hurting, maybe laying in a hospital bed on life support.

Well, enough socio-political commentary, time to return to laundry.

This was much more whatever, anyway.

Narf :)

No comments: