Tuesday, March 1, 2016

a daily recap

Whether I do a daily recap each day here is uncertain at the moment. Sometimes I like to keep track of this life as I live it and sometimes time passes and I either do not remember to stop in or don't have time to get online or simply give into to the who cares apathy, especially without any feedback, but even if resistnce is futile, I still strive to remain positive and in touch and open to sharing and that often brings me back to update even when it seems like I am only doing it for myself.

Today I kicked packing into high gear as I prepare for a move in the next week or so. The excitement of moving eventually overcame the sorrow of losing the stability and friendship my best friend and the living space we shared for many years. She's in love and it seems to be working well, so I cheer her on and look for the excitement of starting a new life for me. Challenges ahead, but that is what keeps boredom at bay.

Monday softball brought a smile as we won 12-11 in seven innings. After taking the championship in three out of four leagues last year, all of my teams moved up to upper divisions where higher competition has been very challenging (I don't belong in upper divisions anymore... I play recreational softball for fun). I will be happy to remember going two for three (I don't recall other stats and don't keep track much, but it's more fun to get hits than outs so a win and playing well is a win-win for me).

Jackson's team lost by a run after a come back in the last inning that left the tying run on third. A bad call earlier in the game went against her team or it would have been tied, but umpires mistakes are part of the game.

All in all, a good day with ups, downs, much stress, big challenges, and more chances to grow. Other than falling in love, today had everything life is about. In case it matters to you, it matters to me :)

No comments: