Saturday, March 12, 2016

The Next Day

Waking about 10am after sleeping several four hour blocks (I seldom sleep more than four hours without waking a bit as my REM cycles seem to be consistently four hours or less... just a bit more parenthetic aside detail about me, in case it matters... you can find a lot more of that elsewhere, in case you didn't know and in case it matters), I texted Curly and offered to get more work done with him today. Semi-reluctantly, he agreed (we are both living in achy bodies this week). The job was taking down a hundred foot dead pine tree. The tree came down perfectly thanks to clever tie-off points and Curly sawed it into logs and I loaded the trailer. Phew. Unloading was easier, but still a whole lot of work. I showered at his place (yay for a hot shower) and headed back here to get ready for softball.

Then, softball. Once again we played a team of players that should not be on the field in recreational softball because someone is going to get hurt. They take all the fun out of the sport because they are so much better than anyone else. Getting run-ruled in 3 innings is not fun. Worse still is how dangerous playing the game against players much better, the ball travels so fast we can be hurt. I suppose everyone is a gambler in some way.

After the game, a group of us went to Graffiti Junction again. They sponsor a couple of teams for the manager of the Friday team so she influences us to go there a lot. This time I ate less. When I got home I was still hungyr so I ate another can of Spaghettios with meatballs. That was the carb load the body required for sleep and now, less than a half hour later, I am falling asleep sitting here writing this so I shall likely roll into bed right after touching up the details.

Nite nite.

No comments: