Monday, March 14, 2016

Softball Sundays

Slept in again today, skipping the morning socializing at the fields. The body is recovering surprisingly better than I expected. We played one of the lowest ranked teams in the league and while we won 14-8, we made way too many mistakes again and a better team would have won because we beat ourselves with errors. You can read more about it if it matters to you. After our game I watched a few more games with one of the new guys from the ratings committee and we discussed the process of rating players as we rated the players we were watching. I waited around for Brandi to play as she joined one of the women's teams and Jackson left work early to watch. Her team won and are a respectable 2-3 on the season so far. That is not bad for a brand new team. It takes some brand new teams two seasons to win two games after all. After the game everyone and said fairwells, I walked over to the last game of the day and watched with the new ratings committee guy who was still working games.

I headed home and once again face the loneliness. No TV family for distraction and companionship (however imaginary, it is still not silent loneliness). I am turning to music more, grabbing CDs out of the boxes one by one, but it is still an adjustment more challenging on Sunday evenings than other nights. Maybe because I know the working world will be heading to work in the morning and I will not. Maybe because I mark the start of yet another week alone in this world, more alone than ever in daily life. Maybe I just let it be more challenging.

So I am listening to music while wandering Facebook. I shall babble myself to sleep sitting here and roll over to the bed and get the rest I need eventually.

Hope you are enjoying your journey through this narration of life with me. :)

No comments: