Thursday, March 10, 2016

Almost Done

The move is 99.99% done. I must stop by to pick up a couple of things that would not fit into my car and drop off the keys tomorrow and that's it. Moved. Done. The end of another big wonderful chapter of this life and I loved every joy and pain and challenge and pleasure. The writing here (and elsewhere) does not only record the events of this life as I experience them, the writing is therapy and provides comfort during loss and always brings excitement when the words find what I am trying to say. I will miss life with Jackson.

Most of the day and evening was spent cleaning the old place and it was almost complete when she got there last night. During the day, the carpet cleaning guy did his thing and we chatted about carpets, the economy, his family, and life. The carpet prep I did did not make the carpet like new, but every major stain and just about every stain there was is gone. All that is left is normal wear and tear and a water-damage stain in Jackson's room that maintenance knows about and it was caused by shoddy worksmanship when the previous owners re-did the siding and gutters. The company they hired did a terrible job. They should not charge, but you never know as greed is so acceptible (and protected by law) in the US.

Curly called during the day to see if I could help unload wood trimming he did along with the furniture still on his trailer from Monday. So he picked me up and we emptied the trailer in front of one of his houses so the city could pick it up tomorrow. We then went to the local Chinese Buffet (yes, again... the scale says I must pause for a while) and I paid (yes, again... the wallet says I must hit the brakes on spending).

Jackson came by the old place to help finish cleaning. She had offered to take me to dinner earlier in the day but the Chinese Buffet cancelled those tentative plans and she stopped for Taco Bell. We finished the kitchen stuff which was all that was left (I had already done the counters as well as fridge and oven and the floor behind them. So she cleaned the sink and did the floor. We hugged and I went in the shower while she finished cleaning and went home. No more notes. We have different homes now.

Tomorrow the move will be complete (barring charges that keep us hanging on). Sigh.

No comments: