Sunday, March 20, 2016

yesterday, when I was young

The day was a was fun and as I just may have become part of a new travel team. Though we had no wins and I had no hits and I pitched poorly by my standards, I think I passed the test. At least that is what the coach said. Time will tell whether that was politeness or sincere. He seems like a sincere person. It was a softball ciruit called the Freedom Tournaments and does not abide by the standard softball player ratings so most teams have a mix of what on Sundays (my most structured league) would consider A, B, and C players. We player in the lower division, which is supposed to be mostly C and B players, but a few A players slip in. I should invest in better protective gear as most of the pitchers use more than I do and I was the oldest player out there. A lot of guys do not want to pitch because of the risks as many players hit up the middle as part of the strategy to rattle or even hurt the pitcher. As I said, it is a competitive level of play and some guys want to win at all costs.

After the game a dozen of us went to Houligans for food and social time. That was good. I just need to bring food next time and spend less on the food and drinks. See, no income is boring tedium, so let's look for squirrels.

After getting home too tired to show up really late at a friend's engagement party, I had an curious dream and woke up whistful and mostly euphoric and feeling good about myself and people and life. Then I came to the computer and started updating some more (if you are curious or interested or simply must know everything, its out there (mostly) :)

So how was your day? :)

No comments: