Sunday, March 6, 2016

too tired to be creative

Creativity is relative, naturally, and what some may find creative others may not. From my singular perspective, most of the time I feel creative. This weekend I do not. The brain needs rest. The body needs even more rest as I did some more packing today and also pitched another game of softball. The season continues to be the worst I've known in many years (ironic as it follows the best season I've known in many years) with a 2-4 record this week. Last season my teams finished with a 39-8 record winning three championships and coming in second in the fourth league. This season is almost the opposite so far. In spite of not enjoying losing, I love the game so much that I still want to play more than I do.

During the day Jackson and Brandi were here as Jackson did more of her packing and moving. She's been moving a few boxes in her car every couple of days for the past two months and has donated half her stuff to local thrift stores. It is all part of starting her new life with Brandi and I am almost as excited as she is about it. It was really good to see them. parting is such sweet sorrow my ass, parting hurts like hell. Laughter helps.

Seeing them increased my socialization hunger so I called Harpo and others to see if they wanted to go out to eat but that didn't work so I cooked flatbread pizza and stuffed clams and scallops. Last days of having an oven. While I was eating a couple of people called. Harpo made a lot of calls and told anyone who wanted to play to call me and after eating I picked him up and we went to Glinda's house to play cards with her and Sarduchi. That was not the greatest idea as we needed a bigger group. Falling asleep but there is still more.

Perhaps I will be more creative later...

No comments: