Wednesday, March 30, 2016

La La La

The whole meaning of the simple la la la would take years to explain, but for now and on the surface it has deep roots in the wonder and excitement and mystery of innocence and pleasure and energy and creativity of song and depths and tragic comedy of lament and acceptance and hope for dreams to come true. Even in the dirt, drama, and details, we barely scratch the surface. It must be experienced.

Today was full of all of it as the plumbing project intended to give me hot water and a clothes washer made progress and shows promise of being completed tomorrow. Meanwhile, I am refreshed after showering at Curly's before the regular Tuesday night card games. Four people tonight, so spades was the game. We split four games before the midnight hour arrived and we all headed home. Curly is spending a lot of money fixing this place up and there is no way I can really thank him enough, so I lament my relative helplessness inside while lavishing him with thanks and praise outside. Both are just as real, I just save my laments for my writings.

It is a wonderful life when true friends do what true friends do. :)

No comments: