Friday, February 16, 2018

Almost Alive

Ever head that old saying, almost human, from someone who was really sick when they are starting to feel better? I've probably used it in the past when I was not thinking, but when awake and aware, it doesn't work for me. I wonder who understands. Being human is nothing admirable based on human behaviors, but that's just me, in case it matters.

I am still breathing. Still no food intake, still burping a lot after drinking water, still feeling better than yesterday, still tired and feeling like a truck hit me and dragged me a few miles a couple of days ago. But somewhat optimistic about the road trip and softball tournament I will embark upon in a few hours. Still not hungry. The pains, however, have subsided to a low numb drowsy general malaise that will hopefully rise to a feeling a little better stage after a semi-hot (oh how I miss... life-changing, in fact) shower and some light food. I don't know when the light food will happen. Probably not a good idea just before a road trip, but definitely a good idea soon. Three day fasts are not great for the vital organs, I mean, in case it matters.

Feel free (this is encouragement for you) to tell me how your general malaise is going today. Or sudden euphoria, for that matter.

Somewhere down deep, mostly asleep, is a spectacular sudden euphoria itching to wake up.

Since you're not here at the moment, we'll save it for later, m'ok?

Admiral Euphoria is able to overcome General Malaise.

(admirable, get it?)

Narf :)

No comments: