Sunday, February 25, 2018

Spaghettios From The Can

If anything represents the life I've lived for the last two years, this title does. Similar to the years almost two decades ago, I can easily point to betrayal and abandonment as two key factors that lead me back here to this refugee life, but truth is I do it to myself by choosing the wrong people to trust and depend on and give my life and everything I have to. Maybe the mistake is trusting people at all. Anyway, that just marked another milestone in the brain, even if the dates are not precisely lined up. 1955, 1976, 1997, 2018, or something like that.

Today... after spending the night doing laundry I had clean everything, including sheets. I overslept for softball, but luckily Jackson sent a text that woke me. she never does that, which might be one of the reasons the first paragraph popped out. Or maybe she read a 4:00 AM email I wrote last night. Rushing to softball without showering, I picked up the paperwork from the ratings committee and played my game. 3-3 with a walk and scored three times, didn't walk anyone, and scored the winning run from third on a ground ball. I brushed the catchers arm as she was blocking the plate, but not enough to get a call from the umpire. So we won our first regular season game ever, 11-10. I headed back early, skipping ratings committee responsibilities to meet some friends in a local eatery (local for me, half mile from where I am sitting, and they rarely come up here so I wanted to encourage more of that... I bailed on walking around the neighborhood mostly due to heat and fatigue and the digestive concerns). The gut is a little better since drinking the bacteria (probiotics). We shall see how it is tomorrow. Details can be found in the usual places.

Ever notice how spaghettios can look like intestinal worms?

Narf lol lam las laa :)

No comments: