Saturday, February 17, 2018

Step By Step

We played four games today and I pitched three of them and while I was crabbier than usual (hopefully the team forgives me, but it was not easy to stay on my feet and I foolishly (make that unbelievably stupidly) did not bring enough to drink because we did not have time on the way to the fields and I thought there would be a concession... I am not much fun when I am mad at myself and dehydration and heat put me in the hospital last year, but I survived until lunch and had a much better afternoon. The umpires did not help, they were amazingly terrible and I heard complaints much louder than the questions I was asking all over the park. They literally did not know the rules. We survived because we are not a competitive team, but fights were brewing on all the other fields. I was just trying to survive and have fun.

And so I did. Team lunch was almost the best part of the day. I still love playing the game the most of all.

Onward to team dinner and more adventure.

Narf :)

No comments: