Saturday, March 31, 2018

Highs and Lows

So we won all of our games, 5-0 on the day, and we are in the winner's bracket final at 1PM tomorrow. That's the great news and the fun and excitement and all that. Details another time, another place, if I remember them or find them somewhere. The not great news is we went to a place to eat and after more than two hours, the food came and they had my order wrong. They said they'd re-do it and I was not a happy camper so I told them I don't want it. PhD was the name of the place, ironic, because they were definitely not intelligent or educated in food service. So I went to a local burger place called Rodeo Goat and the menu is great, but the food was just ok. Probably should have just skipped dinner.

Then, the serious aggravation is realizing that Southwest airlines free cancellation and scheduling of flights is a scam, at least in the way it is present as free. I mistakenly believed I could change my flight for a later flight or a next morning flight for free and it turns out that there are no later flights and the the next morning flight will cost $432 to get on. Some deal. So now I am caught between a rock and a hard place. I may have to cut out on the team before the championship game to catch my flight or I may be stuck in Dallas longer than planned searching for a way back to Orlando that costs less than $432.

Bad planning on my part puts a serious wet blanket on this weekend for me and I may just pay the price ($432) to teach myself a lessonif the Championship games goes past 5:30 PM tomorrow and there s not way to get a cheaper way out of this place. I may be able to get a Spirit air flight Monday morning for under $200 ($70 plus baggage and other added charges, another advertising scam) and maybe get back to the office in time to do the orientation I am scheduled to do at 1:00 PM Monday, but that's a cutting it close maybe. The joker and the thief got me good along with my ignorance and poor planning. Do I feel dumb or what?

I will try to fall asleep now and remember it is only money which I don't have enough of to live comfortable or safely or healthily and still this is a very fun trip on my way to an early pauper's death. Still... it turns me on lol, lam, sigh...

We might win the tournament championship tomorrow :)

Narf :)

No comments: