Saturday, March 17, 2018

Still In The Dark

The night, that is, as the sunrise is postponed for an hour due to a turn of the wheel on clocks in this time zone, a phenomenon that any animal conditioned to wake and scurry about for the sustenance and various sundries of survival would find quite disturbing, or at least unsettling, and we humans do our best to ignore our manipulations of time and space most of the time because, after all, who has time to think about things like that. Arriving here after softball and a long night playing cards and games at Tinman's place, bloated from food eaten ten hours ago and yet, hungry as usual, I choose to fall asleep as fatigue washes over me like the darkness still waiting for the clocks to catch up with it.

We won 20-10, beating the second place team (first place was undefeated, we gave second place it's third loss as the other two were to the first place team) to finish the season strong in third place tied with the team we beat last week, a rude and aggressive "church" team. The word "church" and religion itself is awash with so many incongruities and oxymorons, still in the dark as well, but that's another story and I'd rather give sleep the chance to refresh my synapses as I've been awake for more than 24 hours.

I hope you had fun and enjoy your day. I'm listening for your breathing. I care, in case it matters.

Narf :)

No comments: