Monday, April 16, 2018

Big Finish

Because 22-21 come back win. It was fun and a little amazing, but the team that couldn't score three runs to tie the game in the payoffs scored 14 runs in one inning and 8 runs in the last inning against the same team we lost to 3-2 in the playoffs just two weeks ago. Or was it three? Weeks, that is. I pitched well, hit well, and fielded poorly. The rest of the team hit mostly well and fielded poorly. Still, with 50 second left I called out to the batter from the on deck circle. "Take a pitch." I said. He did and seconds ticked off the clock. Now all he needed to do was get a hit because with 50 seconds left we took a 22-21 lead. He got a hit and I stepped into the batters box with about 15 seconds left. I watched the pitch hit the plate, get by the catcher, and before the exit pitch time ran out and the ump yelled "Ball game!" Great way to win, hard way to lose, I've felt both feelings and tonight it was a win.

Even without BP meds.

Narf :)

No comments: