Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Here We Are Again

Yeah, so why am I not asleep? Hunger. Hunger for companionship. Hunger for caring, for sharing caring. Hunger to love and be loved. Hunger for food too, but I am not crazy enough to go out and buy anything and there is nothing in the house easy to eat that I want and I am not crazy enough to cook something (pasta, most likely) which would take a while and provide way more calories than this body should have after midnight and yet, sleep comes so much more easily after carbs.

wish someone cared about me
enough to want to talk to me
enough to want to be with me
enough to want to live with me

wish someone cared about me
enough to want to play with me
enough to want to sing with me
enough to want to sleep with me

I am so tired of being alone
it's been so long since I felt at home
a refugee on my own
I gave up trying to do anything, to roam
in search of someone who will care
who will share
aware
life begins when we become a pair

wish someone cared about me
enough to care to share
to make us a pair

The hunger did not go away after two protein drinks.

Narf :)

No comments: