Sunday, April 15, 2018

Out And About

Not the best softball afternoon. The team didn't show up. Only nine players and no coach (coach was playing on his team at the same time we were playing). The eight besides me who did show up played like they were asleep, no enthusiasm, no energy, no bending over even. No bending over makes for a lot of errors in softball. The lineup was seriously strange as the lead off batter was one of the slowest and weakest hitters on the team and he shut down chances for runs every time he was on the field. He tripped over his own feet running from second to third and didn't get up. The runner on second ran past him so double play. First inning. Instead of bases loaded and no outs, runner on first and two outs. Our clean up hitter was a weak hitter too. Very strange. I'm not sure who made the lineup, but I'll ask coach about it next week.

No time to talk about it after the game because a serious downpour ended the game and everyone scattered. I was drenched, so I headed to the big box store for a pair of pants, but they had no casual pants (seriously strange), so I bought a pair of shorts. I had a T-shirt in the car but forgot to grab a go-bag even though I know the weather report called for rain during our second game today. The weather report was spot on, precise, even. I am heading to Tinman's to change. Harpo was busy doing his thing and heading there seemed to be an intrusion (he gets wrapped up in his stuff), but he might stop by. Sunday after softball we often grab food or do something.

Still, it's fun to be active and out in the elements, even wet :)

Narf :)

No comments: