Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Distracted By Tinman

Why did I let my purist impulse keep me from watching Tinman until now? Perhaps I was simply waiting until I could be comfortable, in any case, I was distracted by Tinman the past two nights (I'll have to ponder excuses for all the other nights, but mostly it would be socializing with roommate, TV, or unpacking with a touch of softball... notice no sleep. Ok, maybe one night of sleep. Yeah, so what's this parentheses doing to improve this entry? Don't be begging, m'ok?) so the words are stagnating, though the mind is rambling in a sleepless stupor.

Desk work all day, except for orientation. Then protein drinks and softball. Tough game. Moving people around cost us a 10-3 lead and eve though I pitched really well, striking out more than one per inning, we lost 11-10 in the last inning. I continue hitting like crap, but I did get two hits. One with bases loaded knocked in two runs. I also grounded out twice, once with bases loaded. I also lead off twice from the number eleven spot. I found little enthusiasm at first, but more as the game went on. Sadly, the errors got to us as half the team can't field and I couldn't strike everyone out. So still, the only game we won was the one I managed because I put the best defense on the field in the last inning. I was asked to manage tonight, but was handed a lineup already made (poorly) and I wasn't falling for the set up to fail so I said no. The guy who took over between the first week and second week wasn't there tonight and made another poor line up and sure enough, another loss. Power trips.

Dinner was a pig out, of course I should be sleeping (it's an hour from now), blah blah blah.

Narf :)

No comments: