Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Driving and Softball

Long day in the car, not as much done as I intended, but I started the day with an hour back home to shower and took a mid-afternoon nap for an hour. I thought I'd be playing softball tonight and thought I'd need the nap, but I just managed the team and didn't play. Driving around to inspect Fire Department sidewalks took most of the day I spent out there. Just protein drinks until dinner when I added fat free turkey and a yogurt. My co-workers were shocked that I would eat a yogurt with a November expiration date that has been sitting out at room temperature for days. Room temperature is between 65 and 70 degrees in my office and yogurt is actively becoming yogurt all the time, but they said yuck to the thought of eating it. They don't understand fermentation I suppose. Softball was a trip. Putting a lineup together when I didn't know names or numbers or positions was a challenge. I had o re-write it and guess a lot and ask questions, but I got it done just barely on time. Next week should go faster. We had way too many males, too many players, actually. I somehow got everyone playing time except two of us. Me and another guy sat out the game. Next week I will bring a scorebook so I can keep better track of who does what well - this week was all memory from a brief practice and some of the people were not at practice, hence the challenge. Somehow, we won. Hopefully we can do it again. Hopefully everyone had fun. They said they did, or the ones who didn't stayed silent when I asked. Their call.

TA is asleep again. He says the TV doesn't bother him. Good to have some space again.

Food, writing, TV, maybe sleep.

Narf :)

No comments: