Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Senseless Slaughter

So it goes with the human race, a species conscious enough to be in love with killing, addicted to the adrenaline rush of fear which compels irrational delusions and impulsive violence, at least. That phenomenon permeates human life and it happens on the softball field as well. Tonight we played a team that could destroy us in one inning. I knew most of them from other teams and they let us play six innings. I got to pitch three and hit once. They didn't tell me I was up until I was expected in the batter's box and they waited until the umpire was calling for a batter and he gave us a lot of time before he called for a batter, so it didn't turn out well for me. This is the most disorganized random team I've ever been on and I've been on some bad teams. The coach puts people anywhere (he asked me to play shortstop, I said I pitch and it would be foolish to put me at shortstop against a team this good, so he played shortstop and made seven errors on seven balls, the guy he put at third did the same, he seems to have no softball knowledge at all, but he wanted to coach) and we lose on errors every time. I miss the fun I used to have in softball playing with people who know the game.

Hopefully they are having fun.

The day was a lot of desk work and I kept calories under a thousand, so far. I forget about this song. And another strange comment.

Narf :)

No comments: