Sunday, January 27, 2019

Musicals

I wake from a brief nap and find RENT on TV. The house is fast asleep, as usual. I texted Jackson because she loves the show, but she has a headache and is already in bed. I turned the TV volume down a bit, but a musical on a big screen TV needs the surround sound, especially a musical this big. Spent most of the day watching YA's choice, This Is Us. Interesting. Well done in many places, but the self-destruction is annoying. Why do we want to watch people self-destruct? I want entertainment to take me out of this world, beyond this reality, not deeper into the stupid human mistakes we all make. Five TVs in the house and he wants to watch his show on the one in my living room, strange way of letting me move in. I got into the show enough to watch and be curious about more, so I'll continue to the end. I miss my CBS shows though. Jackson texted that she caught up on NCIS and I was sad I was not sharing. Still, an overall positive balance was maintained today.

I did not do well on calories though. Or on movement. I'll need to convert every step I can this week to get on track for the weekly goal. Were is that elliptical? Just another thing to put in storage if I don't stay here or don't find another comparable space, but I will not be happy in a bedroom or living room or kitchen that smells of cigarettes. So far though, today, I have not smelled more. Am I nose-blind? I will find out tomorrow when I go out and come back in. Patience. Hopefully any residual smell will be gone by then. Tomorrow and Tuesday are full days, work and softball. Wednesday, maybe put together all the empty boxes and assess again.

I like the production, mostly, but sadly, Mimi and ... are not wining me over.

Wish you were here.

Narf :)

No comments: