Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Two Lunches, Football, and Darts

Ummm, more food, yes. So a few friend shrimp and shrimp rolls around midnight, bunch more of the same around 8:00 AM, and what do you think Helen wanted for lunch? I ordered a small (5 shrimp) portion (comes with two sides) at Stonington's (one of the best shrimp places in the area) and we chatted and caught up on our lives. I don't keep track, but she changes jobs more often than anyone I know and although she likes the one she has now when there is work, there is not enough work and being hourly, not enough pay, so she interviewed for another job. We are hopeful. I told her about TA (new roommate) and the moving in status (which has slowed considerably since the weekend thanks to working Monday and partying since I left work Monday... what day is it?) and it was good food and conversation. Leaving Stonington's, I stopped at Publix for dessert and then texted Tinman to let him know I was in the area and was going to watch the UCF game at a local sorts bar. He and his girlfriend joined me and after their food was served, I felt hungry so I ordered loaded friends (just what the body did not need lol) and ate most of it. It was really good. Sadly, the UCF game was tough on the emotions as they lost due to poor offensive execution that lead to a tired defense, but they kept it close in spite of a second string QB playing. There is no doubt in my mind they would have won handily if their starting QB was playing). After the game, we played darts (Tinman won every time because he's really good at it, but it was very close and much closer than I expected). Finally got back here just a little bit ago and gonna have dessert, again, now.

Yeah, it's a crazy long foodie and games party this New Year.

Wish you were here.

Narf :)

No comments: